How often do you serve breakfast for dinner?

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (15 posts)
  1. breathe2travel profile image73
    breathe2travelposted 11 years ago

How often do you serve breakfast for dinner?

We are having pancakes, eggs, and bacon for dinner tonight.  We probably have breakfast for dinner an average of 5-7 times a month.  How often do you serve breakfast for dinner.... and yes, cereal counts!

2. Kennbug profile image60
    Kennbugposted 11 years ago

We usually have it about three times a week! We like to cook a big breakfast in the morning on Saturday and Sunday, which is the days my husband is off. However I do like to make it for dinner a few times!

3. Wizzie Crone profile image59
    Wizzie Croneposted 11 years ago

We eat breakfast for supper quite often. In fact, three days ago we had bacon, scrambled eggs, sliced tomatoes, toast and applesauce - kind of a blt in pieces. At other times we will have waffles, pancakes, or French toast. We make our own maple syrup, so it doesn't take much to persuade my family to have something to put it on. Sometimes when we are having eggs and bacon, I will make biscuits. We eat them with the eggs, then pour syrup over them for dessert.

These breakfast/dinners aren't special occasions, just days when we are hungry but not wanting a real supper. It is easy and fast to whip up eggs or pancakes, and there's not a big mess when it's done. And the best reason is that we don't usually have time for breakfasts like this, so cooking up our favorite food for supper is just the right thing.

breathe2travelposted 11 years agoin reply to this

You make your own maple syrup?  Awesome.  smile

4. Lisa HW profile image62
    Lisa HWposted 11 years ago

I don't often serve breakfast for dinner.  I more often serve lunch for dinner, although I may occasionally eat last night's dinner for breakfast.  For some reason, I never have dinner for lunch.  Sometimes I don't eat until dinner time and call whatever meal that is either "breakfast", "lunch", or "dinner" (depending, of course, on what the meal consists of).  Then again, sometimes I eat "coffee-all-day" for my three meals and call it both "a liquid diet" and "a drinking problem".

5. Diane Woodson profile image61
    Diane Woodsonposted 11 years ago

Usually this happens when we have been out of town and just want something lite and neither of us feel like waiting for me to cook a bigger meal. we have a big breakfast on Saturday and Sunday. I like to make whole wheat pancakes, which he dearly loves, bacon of the turkey variety, eggs, poached, scrambled or fried over easy. We like our syrup heated in the microwave. I sometimes throw in some fried potatoes for good measure. We look forward to our weekend brunches, which are usually served at around 12-1 p.m. Happy breakfast everyone!!

6. cat on a soapbox profile image96
    cat on a soapboxposted 11 years ago

Perhaps every 4-6 weeks when I might make a fritatta with eggs, onion, peppers, cheese, bacon, or sausage and a side of toast.

7. LaThing profile image60
    LaThingposted 11 years ago

Hmmm.... Never tried it. I am always running out of breakfast ideas, so have to keep breakfast for breakfast! Did try dinner for breakfast few time though smile

8. HawaiiHeart profile image65
    HawaiiHeartposted 11 years ago

Love breakfast for dinner! I serve it at least once a week.  Eggs, bacon, sausage...they can make a hearty dinner!

9. Vivian_Rose profile image60
    Vivian_Roseposted 11 years ago

I can't give an exact figure of times we eat breakfast for dinner, but it does happen.  Usually if it's been an extremely long day, or more likely if there isn't anything else to eat (until the next grocery shopping day).  Since we don't have bacon and eggs a lot, and we love bacon and eggs, if we happen to get it that day in our shopping list chances are it will be for dinner that night.  Pancakes are a big favorite any meal of the day, as are waffles.

10. coffeegginmyrice profile image82
    coffeegginmyriceposted 11 years ago

Serving breakfast items for dinner time don't really matter for these are consumable food to our delight and tummy satisfaction, really.  I would say that we probably take it easy on occasions like twice in two weeks when we are plain lazy to do any hearty cooking for a better dinner and by this time, there is almost no good choice left in the fridge to come up with a dinner menu.  We would easily have toasted bread with lettuce, fried egg, bacon and cheese. If there is any extra chocolate 'cocoa' porridge transformed from a day old rice, this I heat up again and serve with scrambled egg and the kids enjoy it! I also dive for my favourite- coffee and egg in my rice! I'm a Filipino and Filipinos eat rice 3x a day. Smile! Cheers!

breathe2travelposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Do you have a recipe for the sweet rice cakes I've had at Filipino celebrations?  If so, please share!

11. Faith Reaper profile image83
    Faith Reaperposted 11 years ago

I love breakfast for dinner about every two weeks or so.

12. songbirdmom profile image60
    songbirdmomposted 11 years ago

Ha Ha only like once a year.  Its a great idea but I always tend to make a better dinner than I do breakfast.  There are only so many breakfast dishes I can make without getting sick of them..

13. libby1970 profile image68
    libby1970posted 11 years ago

Every now and then...about once every few months I like to fix biscuits and gravy for dinner. We love bacon gravy with homeade biscuits.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)