Do people in the food industry really care about consumers?

1. aoiffe379 profile image56
    aoiffe379posted 8 years ago

Do people in the food industry really care about consumers?

When I consider the high salt and sugar content of food as well as all the chemicals that are hard to pronounce and have such damning side effects, I wonder if they[manufacturers] have stocks in the pharmaceutical industry too. You have to eat some food  to survive and it takes time if you are growing your food supply. Meanwhile, you sound your own knell when you purchase your grocery. What are the alternatives to poisoning yourself with the food you choose and place in your cupboard?

2. Chef Mac profile image57
    Chef Macposted 8 years ago

The big corporations do not. They in fact are profoundly interested in selling you things to eat that they either absolutely know are bad for you, think might be bad for you, or they simply don't know if they are bad for you or not.

I've come across any number of demoralized kitchen workers who don't much care for you either, and let's face it, a lot of customers are exceedingly rude. The world can seem full of people whose day simply isn't complete until they have found someone to belittle. In the case of restaurants, this can be most unwise unless you want some floor spice or a garnish of "fromunda cheese". Just, don't ask.

Then there are any number of culinarians whose entire sense of self worth involves serving well made, safe, flavorful food to people who will appreciate it. We live for you.