Do you believe the food industry is manipulating with BB labels to make us throw

1. koerakoonlane profile image83
    koerakoonlaneposted 3 years ago

Do you believe the food industry is manipulating with BB labels to make us throw away good food?

In France they got caught manipulating with the expiry dates to make people throw away good food and therefore make people buy more, more often.

I was wondering if someone has noticed some other articles, especially from the US. Here in Europe the subject is pretty well covered and I even found some Japanese newspapers discussing the food waste problem as something exaggerated by the food industry, but not so much from the States.

//If interested you can also have a look at my Hub: http://koerakoonlane.hubpages.com/hub/D … rial-Scale

2. Arco Hess Designs profile image71
    Arco Hess Designsposted 3 years ago

I don't think it's necessarily misleading. I think people, in general, are ignorant. They see "best buy" and think that means expiry. Yet, it's obvious that it means that's the best day to buy the food by, not consume by.

"Best before" obviously means in terms of quality, not that it will go rotten. It means the food won't be as crispy or fresh tasting.

1. koerakoonlane profile image83
      koerakoonlaneposted 3 years agoin reply to this

what about yoghurts (dairy product) or sausages (meat, another category seen dangerous, not to be joked around with) which get their Eat Before dates marked weeks before they actually become inedible?

working