Where are the best raw oysters in the world both in value (not too much $) and q

1. Ben Zoltak profile image84
    Ben Zoltakposted 8 years ago

Where are the best raw oysters in the world both in value (not too much $) and quality?

I once went to a an all you can eat seafood buffet in Florida and it was so good, so very very delicious. I've thought I would love to visit some place in the future that has a reputation for quality raw oysters, my favorite seafood. Anyone know?

2. Delaney Boling profile image62
    Delaney Bolingposted 8 years ago

I had the opportunity to enjoy the local oysters on my honeymoon in Bora Bora (Tahiti) and they were exceptional. I've hed Pacific oysters before and even some North Atlantic oysters on a few occasion but the ones they farm in French Polynesia have the perfect ocean taste that doesn't "cook out". I tried them both live with a red wine vinegar and shallot crudee and baked with bread crumbs, sriracha and aioli, and either way they blew all other oysters I've ever had out of the water. I tried ordering some South Pacific farm-raised oysters for a few of my menus since then but they lose something in shipping. It's just not the same.

working