jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Is mixing coffee with milk really that bad? Why?

1. I.B. profile image73
    I.B.posted 7 years ago

Is mixing coffee with milk really that bad? Why?

I have heard and read that coffee itself is good for you, but once you mix it with milk it reverses and it is suppose to be bad for you. Why is this?

2. Guady Serrano profile image59
    Guady Serranoposted 7 years ago

Oh no!!! I always put milk in my coffee! What exactly did you heard? Is it a scientific source or empirical? According to me its not bad at all..but maybe we should do some research

3. IsadoraPandora profile image82
    IsadoraPandoraposted 7 years ago

I have never heard of mixing the two being bad- only that coffee is calorie/fat free when used alone.

When people add a lot of sugars and milk to their Java it becomes a problem because of the fat/calories.

I have no clue though, can't wait to see an expert weigh in on this.

60+ cups of plain, black coffee a day drinker here!

4. profile image0
    cookingdivaposted 7 years ago

I have not heard this. I think many of us put milk or soymilk in coffee. Where did you hear this?

5. rlaha profile image69
    rlahaposted 6 years ago

I always have milk in my coffee. I do not know where you heard that, but I am not sure that is correct.  Would you mind putting up a link or letting me know where you found that so that I can clarify it for you?

6. Jyoti Patil profile image67
    Jyoti Patilposted 6 years ago

Well, if you ask that question in Asia, you would probably be surprised. Because Asians have their coffee with sugar and milk and it tastes awesome.