jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Is not eating considered anorexia?

1. profile image47
    hug'nkissesxoxposted 7 years ago

Is not eating considered anorexia?

I don't eat a lot, not at school anyway. I used to be able to eat more than my step dad, but I just begun to never bring a lunch to school, so now, I usually don't eat anything until 4:00 in the afternoon most days.

2. DavitosanX profile image73
    DavitosanXposted 7 years ago

Not eating regularly is never healthy. If you don't feel hungry in the morning, try eating lighter meals, like yogurt, fruit, etc. Your body will feel a lot better after breakfast, even if it's a light one.

About anorexia, that's a medical term used to describe "lack of hunger" and may apply in many cases. I think you mean anorexia nervosa, which means that the reason behind the anorexia is psychological. If you feel very displeased with your appearance, particularly with your weight, and you don't want to eat so you can get thinner, then you might want to get some help. As your self-image is improved, so are your eating habits.

A lot of factors can mess with your eating habits. the main one being stress. See if you can pinpoint a part of your life that is bothering you right now, and focus on dealing with that issue.

I hope that was helpful.

3. Research Analyst profile image82
    Research Analystposted 7 years ago

I would say the fact of not eating is not what causes anorexia, because it is a mental illness, that makes the person feel that they are too fat, even it they are really thin, when a person with this disease looks into the mirror they see a very fat person, no matter how much they starve themselves, so not eating is more of not getting the right nutrition, because they do have meal replacement shakes and protein drinks which are not exactly food but will keep you from losing too much weight where it ends up being a health issue.

4. Shahid Bukhari profile image60
    Shahid Bukhariposted 6 years ago

Try going back to normal eating habits ... what you did, was due anxiety ... start eating again, with fruits and vegetables, and soon your stomach will rebuild its normal digestive capacity.

working