jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

What Milk do you find the healthiest these days?

1. Lady_E profile image73
    Lady_Eposted 7 years ago

What Milk do you find the healthiest these days?

Evaporated Milk, pasteurised, goats milk, soya milk, powdered milk or any other?

2. profile image44
    Tycameronposted 7 years ago

1 per sent milk is that fine baby .ok you are cool for a friend

3. pippap profile image85
    pippapposted 7 years ago

I love soy milk.  I think it is the healthiest milk to drink nowadays.  Too many antibiotics, etc. are being injected into dairy and meat cattle; and, I don't want these things in my body.

4. jite profile image38
    jiteposted 7 years ago

I like the pasteurised and soya milk.I think both are healthiest.

5. Jeniferr profile image82
    Jeniferrposted 7 years ago

I prefer almond or rice milk myself.  I already probably eat too many soy products (moderation is a good thing) and cow's milk just disgusts me. 

I've just never understood the importance of drinking milk from a different species.  There are nearly 5000 identified mammals and we're the only ones who do this.

6. tvalle profile image61
    tvalleposted 7 years ago

organic milk   is the best choice   no chemicals perservatives

7. justom profile image68
    justomposted 7 years ago

Truth is breast milk is healthiest, but I ain't drinkin' it. No milk is really healthy, very mucous causing. Everything you get from milk can be had elsewhere without the side effects.

8. MikeParis profile image56
    MikeParisposted 7 years ago

just avoid the bio! only god knows what they're doing with that!
    soy is delicious, but I would stick to the pasteurised milk, healthy, not too expensiv and allow some mixes!

9. EnjoyYourLife profile image60
    EnjoyYourLifeposted 7 years ago

As stated in one of my hubs, non-fat powdered milk comes out tops in my book. Not only a money saver, but is truly a convenience food. Hearing stories of irradiated fresh milk (for instance in trace amounts for any reason), who wouldn't want the added bonus of having a good, safe milk source already stashed conveniently in the pantry. Many people overlook the so-many benefits of powdered milk, that's what prompted my hub. Why not save money and drink a healthy glass of zero fat milk? Why not maximize all the benefits of this non-fat food component and use in recipes to save calories, too? So for many reasons, non-fat dry powdered milk gets thumbs up from yours truly!

working