jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

What is your favorite use for cabbage?

1. profile image40
    KittLttlposted 7 years ago

What is your favorite use for cabbage?

2. profile image0
    Phoebe Pikeposted 7 years ago

I love boiling it and then eating it. ^_^

3. PaulaK profile image37
    PaulaKposted 7 years ago

I love cabbage boiled with bacon as flavoring. However, I also like good old coleslaw. Some green pepper, onion, raisins, cabbage shredded, and coleslaw dressing! Yum!

4. Evester profile image60
    Evesterposted 7 years ago

My favorite use of cabbage is for making golabki.

5. SteveoMc profile image74
    SteveoMcposted 7 years ago

I like coleslaw with red onion and vinegary dressing.

6. galleryofgrace profile image78
    galleryofgraceposted 7 years ago

Next time try it chopped and fried with onions and chopped bacon. Add a little green pepper and celery seed. Fantastic!

7. profile image0
    Rosemary Banksposted 7 years ago

I like to prepare cabbage the old fashion country way. Just boil it with some seasoning like beef, turkey bacon or butter throw in some new white potatoes omg it tastes so good it will just melt in your mouth. Or I also like to fry cabbage with some onion, green peppers, seasoning and some butter.

8. Greatlife profile image60
    Greatlifeposted 7 years ago

My partner makes this delicious thai cabbage recipe, which the entire fmaily digs into.

In large salad bowl, arrange add thinly shreded cabbage. In small bowl, mix lime peel, garlic, sugar, lime juice,
    chili, and fish sauce(All according to your taste). Pour over the salad and garnish with peanuts and coriander.

Its tangy sweet flavour is unique and refreshing and goes with every main dish.

9. profile image61
    camus84posted 7 years ago

Stuff it!!! smile

We usually make what is called 'Sarma'....cabbage leaves stuffed with minced meat and spices.  Not too difficult to make and delicious.  Plenty of recipes on line.

working