jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

I love blanched peanuts but I find if I eat to many at once I get sick and lose

1. padrak16 profile image56
    padrak16posted 7 years ago

I love blanched peanuts but I find if I eat to many at once I get sick and lose everything....

Could it be the salt?

2. Lady Guinevere profile image60
    Lady Guinevereposted 7 years ago

Well then don't eat so many at once.  Moderation in everything.

3. akirchner profile image96
    akirchnerposted 7 years ago

You might try walnuts or almonds instead.  You may have a peanut allergy though not severe.

4. sourthernpisces profile image49
    sourthernpiscesposted 7 years ago

You may be sensitive to the naturally occurring mold in the peanuts.  Watch for allergy symptoms such as runny nose, scratchy throat, itchy eyes, etc.

5. Flightkeeper profile image71
    Flightkeeperposted 7 years ago

Go to your doctor and get an allergy test.  You could be allergic  to peanuts and other nuts as well.  If you are, don't eat them. If you're not allergic  to nuts then don't eat blanched peanuts if you're going to get that type of reaction.

6. dabeaner profile image55
    dabeanerposted 7 years ago

Patient:  "Doctor, it hurts when I do this..."
    Doctor:  "Well, don't do that!"

7. padrak16 profile image56
    padrak16posted 7 years ago

Thanks guys. I think Southernpisces could be right in my case because I am also deathly allergic to penicillin and that is made from mold. I didn't realize that peanuts had natural mold in them. Thanks again all. Very helpful.

8. angel115707 profile image61
    angel115707posted 7 years ago

I agree with southernpisces too... I was going to say bacteria, they grow underground and carry a certain bacteria so if its not cooked properly to kill it off, you can get sick...and gag i am allergic to penicillin too it sucks huh! you should have see nwhat happened to me when this stupid doctor gave me amoxicillin, thinking I wasnt severely allergic...what an idiot should have sued his butt, I was so sick I didn't know what it was...