jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

is there such things as no calorie foods

1. robert hoagland profile image59
    robert hoaglandposted 7 years ago

is there such things as no calorie foods

2. wychic profile image89
    wychicposted 7 years ago

No, but there are a few that are considered "negative calorie food" because the body burns more calories trying to process them than the food has in it. Celery is one of these, I don't remember others offhand but I'm sure an internet search could help with that.

3. vydyulashashi profile image58
    vydyulashashiposted 7 years ago

literally there are no such things which have zero calories

4. puebloman profile image61
    pueblomanposted 7 years ago

Eat boiled eggs (for example) you burn more calories digesting them than they provide. Mushrooms are zero (raw, of course). So are olives. What is the point of this damned question?

5. veronicasinnaeve profile image77
    veronicasinnaeveposted 7 years ago

I am pretty sure mustard is, but it's a condiment.

6. Dorothee-Gy profile image70
    Dorothee-Gyposted 7 years ago

I think our bodies are sophisticated machines with age-old programming, so even if there were soemthing like a no calorie food, our body would expect some energy intake when the right stimulus was given and it would react soon after with giving you a crazy craving for some high calorie intake.  That's why they use saccarin as powerful fattening tool for industrial meat production.

The whole low fat, no fat foods make us fat! Our body is not tricked out so easily! And the food industry makes millions with giving us that stuff and telling us the lies about enjoying immense amounts of food without regret. They have us on the hook, then.

Closed to reply

working