jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Is it true that cow milk and its products were not intended for human consumptio

1. profile image44
    esdaughterposted 7 years ago

Is it true that cow milk and its products were not intended for human consumption?

The category my question belongs in is "Food and Cooking" - not within questions for vegetarians.  I'm asking the question for all people, not just vegetarians.

2. dgicre profile image80
    dgicreposted 7 years ago

I always loved cow milk although it does not love me so much. For a while when we were young we used to drink goat's milk. Now that I am older my favorite is Almond Milk and sometimes Organic Cows Milk. Don't know if milk was not for human consumption, but after watching a special on how some cows are treated by the large scale milk producers, I will only buy organic milk from farmers that treat their cows humanly. Same goes for chickens and eggs. We only buy free range chickens and eggs. These animals are raised to produce food and sacrifice their lives so we can live. The least we can do, is make sure they are treated humanly in return.

3. camlo profile image88
    camloposted 7 years ago

Cow milk was obviously intended for calves by nature, and not humans. However, it is nutricious for humans too - a good source of nourishment.
    Milk products are, of course, produced by man, and generally intended for man.
    Strange thing is, man is the only mammal that consumes milk after infancy, and then that of another mammal.

4. fucsia profile image60
    fucsiaposted 7 years ago

I have recently eliminated the dairy products, mainly for ethical reasons, but I read a lot about this and I am convinced that milk is not suitable for humans. I believe however that is also a question of quantity.

5. profile image54
    CFGposted 7 years ago

The Old Testament refers to a 'land which floweth with milk and honey' some twenty times.  Actually the Bible contains some fifty references to milk and milk products. Just a couple references, Milk---Isaiah 7:21-22, Cheese---I Samuel 17:18

6. drbillfannin profile image61
    drbillfanninposted 6 years ago

You specifically said cow's milk, so here goes. There is no reason why humans can't drink cow's milk, unless you are a member of some religion, group, club, or whatever that prohibits it. Having said that, the crap we get from today's dairy farmers is so contaminated that it should be labeled as toxic. And, our government has the guts to arrest people who sell raw organic milk that is not contaminated. Go figure. So unless you are drinking raw organic milk, which is more illegal than cocaine if you get caught with it, I would not drink the stuff. Of course, if you know nothing about raw milk, you'd probably better stay away from that too.

working