jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

I wANT TO EAT REAL FOOD BUT I AM LOW ON MONEY?? WHAT DO I DO??

1. profile image45
    baby loversposted 7 years ago

I wANT TO EAT REAL FOOD BUT I AM LOW ON MONEY?? WHAT DO I DO??

2. wrytre profile image76
    wrytreposted 7 years ago

If you're a woman, dress to the nine's, order a drink at the fanciest bar/restaurant you can find and let things happen....

3. Lady MJ profile image77
    Lady MJposted 7 years ago

The least expensive thing I can think of, and from personal experience, is go to the grocery store and stock up on items that you can make a variety of things throughout the week. Find easy recipes on dishes you like and have fun with it.

It can't get anymore real when you cook it yourself.

4. Jeannieinabottle profile image92
    Jeannieinabottleposted 7 years ago

You should try to compare prices at stores and go where the sales are.  Always clip coupons and use them whenever possible.  As far as fruit goes, bananas are usually the least expensive fruit and very nutritious.  If you want to eat chicken, chicken legs are always less expensive than chicken breast.  Also, remember that it is cheaper to buy in bulk and prepare everything at home instead of buying anything pre-made. 

Hopefully that is helpful!

5. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 7 years ago

It depends on how low your money is.  A quarter buys a package of Top Ramen, add a can of chicken or cook a small piece of chicken and add it to the pot.  Add a piece of chopped celery or get a doz. eggs and hard boil one or two and chop and add.

Top Ramen is the base and you can add whatever you can afford to it.  Stay away from fast food--not real food and expensive.

6. profile image0
    AMBASSADOR BUTLERposted 7 years ago

Real food can be found in the fruit and vegetable section of the grocery store. Eat well for less and stretch your money further by doing this when you are low on money. Your body will thank you.

working