jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Do you think you can control food addictions as you can other substance addictio

1. Psalmist4M profile image81
    Psalmist4Mposted 6 years ago

Do you think you can control food addictions as you can other substance addictions?

2. uczen profile image58
    uczenposted 6 years ago

Of course yes.  We can control everything in our life if we really want and need to.  To do so we need to have a goal what we want to achieve by controling any addictions.  For example, we can take food... so, we can keep in mind that stop eating fast food will help us achieve healthy and good looking body.  If we take cigarettes, we need to keep in mind that stop smoking will bring back our health, youth and save more money which we can spend with our loved ones.  It is very helpful and actually it is contoling our mind.

3. Ultimate Hubber profile image59
    Ultimate Hubberposted 6 years ago

One can control food addictions if they want to. I am addicted to a certain dish and often eat it, but I don't think it will harm my system so never made an effort to quit having it.

4. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 6 years ago

food addiction is a mental addiction and it can be easily controlled. it's more of an excuse then anything but of course people will use it to justify their bad eating habbits.

working