jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What foods do you prefer with your favorite wine?

1. LinziKraft09 profile image59
    LinziKraft09posted 6 years ago

What foods do you prefer with your favorite wine?

With so many different types of wines that are produced each year, I want to know what your favorite wine is and what style of food do you recommend to go with it.

2. lanealanea profile image61
    lanealaneaposted 6 years ago

I prefer a nice merlot on a special occasion but most any red wine is good for me. Charles Shaw is like $2.00 from Trader Joes and this wine was actually a winner in a wine contest in a well known review. What to put with it. I like wine and cheese, brie, crackers some small meats, you can put with whole grain mustard seeds very good and you know that you cannot forget bread and wine is a must, bon apetite

3. rjsadowski profile image74
    rjsadowskiposted 6 years ago

Novice wine drinkers are confused about which wine to drink with what food. This article explains in simple terms the time-honored pairings, but ultimately it is OK to drink any wine you like with any food. One useful guideline is that the wines of a country usually go well with the food from that country.Another good rule to follow is that dry wines should be served before sweeter ones. read more

4. rjsadowski profile image74
    rjsadowskiposted 6 years ago

Since I am primarily a meat eater, I prefer a good Bordeaux red with a nice prime rib. However, since everything has gotten so expensive, I drink cheap cabernet sauvignons with my hamburger.

working