jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (14 posts)

What's your favorite red wine?

1. Craig Hartranft profile image61
    Craig Hartranftposted 5 years ago

What's your favorite red wine?

There are many red wines to choose from these days. The traditional Burgundy and Cabernet Sauvignon remain favorites for many. But there are also others, like Pinot Noir and Malbec, both favorites as of late. Many vintners are creating hybrids as well. Your thoughts ...

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/7105687_f260.jpg

2. TycoonSam profile image83
    TycoonSamposted 5 years ago

California....Stags Leap Cabernet Sauvignon
    Italy...Sartori Amarone
    France...Bordeaux

Hard to pick just one.

3. angelo di fluno profile image66
    angelo di flunoposted 5 years ago

Brunello Montalcino best red wine in the world!
    Chosen by the International Wine Challenge "Riserva 2004 Castello Romitorio"
    It 's the Brunello di Montalcino Riserva 2004 Castello Romitorio owned' by the artist Sandro Chia, the best red wine in the world, while a bubble-Cinderella, Lambrusco Reggiano, deserves a great mention. Has decreed, in London, the International Wine Challenge, a British competition now in its 27th edition, they were tasted 'blindly' over 10 000 wines from all over the planet; it was decreed by a committee super-qualified, composed, among others, three Master of Wine Tim Atkin, Sam Harrop, Derek Smedley.
    Personally I would like to suggest Primitivo di Manduria Es 2009 (GIANFRANCO FINO) The "Es" 2009 is a red wine, made by Gianfranco Fino. Its origin is Primitivo di Manduria in Puglia, Italy. It is made from the Primitivo grape. It is produced from the 2009 harvest.
    Intense red color with violet reflections, it offers a very large bouquet, rich fruit with hints of tobacco and goudron. The palate is coherent, rich and deep with notes of blacks crisp fruit, with very long finish.
    Try it!

4. Teresa Coppens profile image94
    Teresa Coppensposted 5 years ago

My favorite red has become Malbec, an Argentinian wine made by several labels.  It has a deep, rich flavor but is not as heavy as the Merlot!

Craig Hartranftposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I've become a fan of Malbec in the last year or so.

5. Joe Cook profile image58
    Joe Cookposted 5 years ago

Certainly think it's worth considering some Austrailian wines - think you might be pleasantly surprised.

Always enjoyed the Yellow Tail wines. I know wine snobs find them to commercial, but they taste good and are reasonably priced for us simple folk.

6. profile image54
    gautams1posted 5 years ago

I am really not a wine drinker but I do like Kendall Jackson merlot.

7. lainelongfellow profile image62
    lainelongfellowposted 5 years ago

I don't drink wine too often, but when I do I drink pinot noir.

Pinot Noir has also become a recent favorite for me.

8. profile image0
    Kit Wardposted 5 years ago

My favourite wine is Rioja which is produced in the 'La Rioja' province of northern Spain.

I don't really know much about wines, I simply know whether or not I like the one I have just tasted. That being said, I am yet to come across a Rioja that I don't love!

9. MamaTschet profile image76
    MamaTschetposted 5 years ago

Malbec is my favorite Red!  I have found a very reasonably priced one too!  It is Redwood Creek.  Another favorite, although a little pricier, is Gascon.  Something about the Malbec has spoiled my taste for other Reds.

10. jenbeach21 profile image79
    jenbeach21posted 5 years ago

I love most Spanish wines. I also tried Cynthiana wine in Georgia and would say that was the best one I have tried.

11. visionandfocus profile image72
    visionandfocusposted 5 years ago

I don't drink myself, but my husband's favourite red wine for the past few years has been Perez Cruz, a Cabernet Sauvignon from Chile.  Since his foray into South American wines (in particular Argentinian and Chilean), he's forsaken all European reds. He claims Italian and French reds just don't do it for him anymore. smile

working