Hello mel22, I was interested to find out a little more about your pottasium int

1. profile image47
    avocposted 6 years ago

Hello mel22, I was interested to find out a little more about your pottasium intake...

How much do you take? In which form?

2. mel22 profile image59
    mel22posted 6 years ago

ive been told potassium citrate is too harsh on the kidneys... most that i've seen on the market are in potassium gluconate form( a sugar binder rather citric acid binder)/// i beleive in most countries the limit per pill is 3 percent rda( not sure what that is in milligrams) because its very potent... i'd recommend no more than what the bottle says per serving size but in all actuality i try to get most of mine from natural fruit sources.. some of the best are bananas, figs(yuck) and plums( another yuck for me) but most cranberry /fruit drinks have a high ratio potassium to sodium and supplies the rest of my daily intake... i can only have so many fig newtons before i've had enough..lol... i would recommend bananas,cranberry drinks and a gluconate pill on occasion if its extra humid out... of you live in a low humidity environment then less is needed and you could eliminate the pill form.. i strictly use the RDA percentage amount so i dont have to remember the exact RDA by milligrams

working