jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Do you think butter makes you fatter than margarine?

1. catsimmons profile image82
    catsimmonsposted 6 years ago

Do you think butter makes you fatter than margarine?

2. profile image0
    Rosemary Banksposted 6 years ago

So they say, but if you don't eat everyday it shouldn't be much of a problem. Some margarines taste as good as butter.

3. Blond Logic profile image97
    Blond Logicposted 6 years ago

I think butter is better for you. Most of the margarines are solid vegetable oils. I think butter is a more natural ingredient. I also think you use less because it has a taste.
    I was told that margarine was originally made to fatten turkeys.

4. point2make profile image81
    point2makeposted 6 years ago

Moderation will remove the issue of gaining weight. It is important to note however that butter is a natural product while margarine is man made and in no way comparable to real butter. Give yourself a break and enjoy real butter in moderation.

5. onegoodwoman profile image77
    onegoodwomanposted 6 years ago

Do not know.........will not debate beyond this observation............

in your own backyard........

lay out a stick of butter, beside
    a stick of margarine........

WHICH of these do the flies swarm to?

Hey, if flies shun it?....................

YOU decide for your family and I will decide for mine.  We can cut fat and calories elsewhere.

6. mortgage-news profile image61
    mortgage-newsposted 6 years ago

Absolutely not.  In fact, I wrote an entire hub on that topic.  please check out:

7. Imogen French profile image84
    Imogen Frenchposted 6 years ago

I don't use margarine if I can help it because it contains the types of fat that are bad for you.
    Butter is much nicer, but unfortunately I love it so much that I eat too much, and therefore it makes me fatter!
    I would advise butter - but in moderation!

8. Carlon Michelle profile image71
    Carlon Michelleposted 6 years ago

Butter is a real product made with ingredients of nature and Margarine is manufactured so of course Butter is better for you and won't make you fat.  Just ask Paula Dean.  Didn't she invent the fried stick of butter?  No.  I'm 50 lbs overweight and I ate margarine for years till I discovered butter and how you don't need much of it to make food taste good and margarine you have to slather on in large doses.  Butter Wins!