jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What is America's national food?

1. tonymead60 profile image93
    tonymead60posted 6 years ago

What is America's national food?

Roast beef and Yorkshire pudding was England's, but now I think is probably chicken masala:]

2. Just Ask Susan profile image90
    Just Ask Susanposted 6 years ago

According to Wikepedia it is apple pie, hamburger and hot dog.
    I think in each state you will find that there is probably a different food for each state. There are so many nationalities in America that you will probably get many answers for your question. I am assuming that you are referring to the United States of America when you say America.

3. leroy64 profile image80
    leroy64posted 6 years ago

Hot dogs, apple pie and hamburgers are usually cited.  Here in Texas, we love tamales and chicken fried steak.  JustaskSusan is correct.

I would like to add the US celebrates the food of our immigrants.  I even think hot dogs and apple pie have German origins.  I am not clear on where hamburgers came from.  Pizza restaurants are found in almost every town, along with a Chinese restaurant.   If you want to get technical, popcorn is a native american food.  Roast beef is very popular although I have never tried Yorkshire Pudding.  The foods of Thailand, Vietnam, Morocco, France, England, and Spain are just a short drive from where I live.  I saw a food truck selling Korean Tacos.  Maybe that is new national food.

4. Attikos profile image80
    Attikosposted 6 years ago

There is no national American food. America is a huge nation with a patchwork quilt of cultures. It's doubtful it can be called a nation atall, actually. Foods in America  vary as much as the people.

working