jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Do you in the states eat 'black pudding' the type made from pig's blood?

1. tonymead60 profile image94
    tonymead60posted 6 years ago

Do you in the states eat 'black pudding' the type made from pig's blood?

2. Don Bobbitt profile image94
    Don Bobbittposted 6 years ago

Well! It is not something that you will find many people in the US cooking as a dish at home.  But, on the other hand, no decent Irish or English pub in the US would dare to not have it on their Menu, along with Shepherd's Pie, Fish and Chips, and Bangers and Mash, etc.
    Is it good?  It does have a unique flavor, and nothing I have eaten in the US, in my travels, is as good as what you get in England.
    Still, It is a taste that is a little shocking to American palates.

3. jencooper profile image60
    jencooperposted 6 years ago

I have never heard of such a thing, so I am going to guess no!

4. tonymead60 profile image94
    tonymead60posted 6 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/5564852_f260.jpg

I'm really suprised, it is so popular in the north of England. In Scotland you can even get it deep fried in batter.

what a taste, perhaps I should write a hub about it...

5. wychic profile image89
    wychicposted 6 years ago

Nope, never seen it here -- but then, so many people I know have been freaked out by Rocky Mountain oysters and stop eating them once they know what they are (hint: not seafood), that I suspect something made out of pig's blood would turn off the vast majority of people here.

6. onegoodwoman profile image76
    onegoodwomanposted 6 years ago

I am from the "states", and do not have a clue as to what, " black pudding", made from pig's blood is...................

perhaps, you are the victim of stereotyping?

7. arksys profile image91
    arksysposted 6 years ago

the only place i saw a black pudding was in blackpool, uk served quite often in my boarding school.

never really saw much of it in london though. (didn't really look for it either ... not allowed pork items).

asked people here in america about it and they haven't heard of it.

working