jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Which country produces the best red wine in the world?

1. Gordon Hamilton profile image98
    Gordon Hamiltonposted 6 years ago

Which country produces the best red wine in the world?

A few days ago, I read a journalistic article about red wine producing countries around the world and the merits of each nation's offerings. It was in most respects very well written. When I got to the end, however, I was dumbfounded to realise that the country I believe produces the best red wine in the world hadn't so much as been mentioned, while countries I didn't even know produced wine were covered in some detail. Am I the only non-Antipodean who thinks Australian red wine is the best in the world by the length of a country mile...?

2. Uninvited Writer profile image85
    Uninvited Writerposted 6 years ago

I have had some great Australian red wines...whoever left Australia out was wrong smile

3. profile image51
    Filip3posted 6 years ago

I think that France produces the best red wines.

4. Princessa profile image84
    Princessaposted 6 years ago

I might be biased but for me the best wine comes from France, and even then , not just France but especifically from the Bordeaux region.  My second choice would be Spanish followed by Chilean wine.

5. brandasaur profile image61
    brandasaurposted 6 years ago

Simply Italy smile That is based to my own opinion.

6. BenjaBenja profile image60
    BenjaBenjaposted 6 years ago

Burgundy, France has some beautiful vineyards and wonderful wines - it is definitely an art form there.

7. rjsadowski profile image72
    rjsadowskiposted 6 years ago

In my opinion, France produces the best red wines in the world particularly in Bordeaux. The red wines of Italy and California are next . Spain , Chile, Argentina and Australia all produce high quality red wines too. The red wines of Calififornia are the best buys for the money if you stick with little known vineyards. I have found some nice cabernet sauvignons for less than $4.00 per bottle.

working