jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How do I stop myself eating from outside?

1. Jyoti Patil profile image65
    Jyoti Patilposted 6 years ago

How do I stop myself eating from outside?

I eat out almost everyday. It has become a habit. Unless and until I don't eat something from outside, I feel I'm hungry. I really need to stop this habit.

2. Steve Orion profile image77
    Steve Orionposted 6 years ago

Find some info online (like Hubpages) that has some recipes and good cooking tips for making delicious meals. It can be as tasty as fast food but more economical.

3. Jyoti Patil profile image65
    Jyoti Patilposted 6 years ago

hey steve thts a grt idea. But i am bored of eating self made food. each day i cook for everyone(being married). and even if i am cooking something that i like to eat, i am still not satisfied. but i should definitely try out some of the recipes on hubpages. So do you have any recipe on hubpages?

4. Larry Fields profile image78
    Larry Fieldsposted 6 years ago

Good question. For whatever it's worth, I have the opposite problem. I'm acutely sensitive to almost everything that I eat. It's a part of my DSI (dysfunctional sensory integration). I feel a little better if I have total control of all of the ingredients, and make it myself, even if it's essentially the same thing, day in and day out.

It'd be fun to be be able to eat out more often. But at times, Restaurant Roulette has a nasty payoff. And I'm not saying that all restaurant food is bad. For me, it's more like tip-toeing through a minefield.

For I were in your shoes, I'd ask: Which 'outside foods' do I eat most often? It's very possibly that your body is saying: I need this particular ingredient that's not in the house. It's also possible that that ingredient is not 'politically correct', but something that's helpful for your well-being nevertheless.

It's also possible that the cooking and clean-up are very unfun for you. If that's the case, I'd do one of two things. Continue eating 'outside food' every day, but without beating yourself up. Or simplify your home-cooked meals, so that the preparation and clean-up don't take as much time.