How do you open a bottle of Champagne without making a mess?
Opening a bottle of champagne is quite simple, there are a few rules.
1. Treat the champagne gently.
2. Don’t pull on the cork, the pressure within the bottle will release the cork on its own, if you pull on the cork you will have a royal mess on your hands.
This is the method I use.
1. Have a kitchen towel ready. Loosen the wires that are holding the cork on, or break the wax or whatever is being used to hold the cork in.
2. Put the towel over the bottle, loosely so there is room for the cork to shoot into the towel.
3. Hold the towel against the bottle so the towel stays in place.
4. The cork will pop out on its own, into the towel, so no one loses an eye.
5. Remove the towel and enjoy.
I hope that I don’t have to tell you to hold the bottle upright at an angle facing away from you, but I will just in case. Hold the bottle upright, at a slight angle facing away from you.
I open it over the sink.
This line is to make the answer long enough to get past the censorious Hub wordiness requirement.
I agree with the towel method listed below, however, I have more to add. The ultimate key to opening a bottle of Champagne without making a mess is to very slowly twist the cork out of the bottle. Hold the towel over the corked part of the bottle, hold the larger part of the bottle with the corked end facing in front of you but not pointed toward your face, put one hand directly onto the neck of the bottle and use the other hand to told the towel over the cork, and gently twist the cork back and forth until it comes out. The cork will not shoot out quickly but be sure to hold onto it tightly. This method will also not create as much foam which is what creates the mess.
by Salty Tanned 8 years ago
Would you buy an expensive wine if it had a scew cap bottle?Cork is being replaced but many are refractory to this change. Would you consider a $500 bottle of Mouton Rothshild if it had a screw cap?
by juniorsbook 7 years ago
Which gas propels the cork of a champagne bottle?
by Amy Gillie 5 years ago
How do you teach children to eat without making a mess?The crumbs and messes from my 5-year-old are epic!
by Galaxy Harvey 6 years ago
How do you clean birds mess from your car without damaging the paintwork?
|HubPages Device ID|
|Login||This is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.|
|HubPages Google Analytics|
|HubPages Traffic Pixel|
|Google Hosted Libraries|
|Google AdSense Host API|
|Conversion Tracking Pixels|
|Author Google Analytics|
|Amazon Tracking Pixel|