jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Cooking is an art. How can you make it special?

1. sankari.nayagam profile image79
    sankari.nayagamposted 6 years ago

Cooking is an art. How can you make it special?

Many are nowadays hating cooking. But cooking is an art and when done with dedication can create wonders. What are the ways to make your cooking sound good and special.

2. Gordon Hamilton profile image98
    Gordon Hamiltonposted 6 years ago

Cooking is an art form in that it allows the cook or chef to express themselves in their culinary preparations. This page examines how to make cooking special and artistic without succumbing to any of the associated potential pitfalls. read more

3. alzel127 profile image74
    alzel127posted 6 years ago

Plating is the answer. Even hamburger helper served as a family service where items are passed from one family member to the next can get a good conversation started. Cut up an apple and a pear and a banana into a bowl sprinkle crushed vanilla wafers up on top. Serve a pre made salad like you would get at olive garden. warm some bread sticks up and rub on a little butter. Now you have an attractive low  cost good looking meal. Go to Goodwill and buy several unmatched plates and bowl. Try it. It works

4. onegoodwoman profile image76
    onegoodwomanposted 6 years ago

stop making this hard.........

good ingredients, mixed together, coming together in an attractive manner.

I have been " cooking" since I was 7.   I make my living cooking.

Trust yourself............the HARD part is cleaning up!

5. yogiwan profile image46
    yogiwanposted 6 years ago

this is a very broad and general question and there are lots of answers.  The keys are good, fresh ingredients with appropriate herbs and spices presented in a complementary format.  But most of all it is the spirit of cooking that is key.  Food prepared with love and appreciation for those for whom it is intended makes even the most simple of dishes special.  Food is about attitude.  When that feelings are right the meal is special.