Describe your experiences with the Paleolithic (aka Caveman) diet

1. stephhicks68 profile image87
    stephhicks68posted 6 years ago

Describe your experiences with the Paleolithic (aka Caveman) diet

I have friends and family that are considering this diet, which sounds a lot like the Atkins diet to me.  Has anyone tried it?  Please describe and talk about its effects on sleep, energy levels, etc.  How does it differ from other fad diets?

2. tmbridgeland profile image84
    tmbridgelandposted 6 years ago

My experience was very positive. I have suggested it so several people, and those who tried it are still on it. Atkins is similar, but not the same. The paleo dieter avoids processed foods, and Atkins can include lots, they even sell them.

The main positive effects I saw were, reduced # of headaches, much improved digestive health, and reduction of aches and pains. I had an old athletic injury to my knee. After about 6 months on the diet the pain disappeared, and has not returned. This surprised me, because knee injuries rarely heal completely, and I had pain for nearly 20 years.

I also saw allergy symptoms much reduced. I believe that all of these are related to the reduction in inflammation you get once you stop eating inappropriate foods. Wheat is the primary negative. I have several Hubs that touch on diet.

3. stephhicks68 profile image87
    stephhicks68posted 6 years ago

Thank you!  Very interesting.  Glad to hear from someone who has personally tried the diet.  I will go check out your hubs.  Best, Steph

working