jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Why are people so obsessed on how food looks? Is it worth it to add colors just

1. alexadry profile image97
    alexadryposted 6 years ago

Why are people so obsessed on how food looks? Is it worth it to add colors  just for appeal?

I found red 40 in a yellow cake mix, in a cereal that was supposed to be natural and in dried strawberries which were supposed to be a healthy snack. I contacted Kellogs for the red 40 in their high fiber cereal and they told that what people want! Shouldn't we stop companies from adding food coloring in foods just for looks? They even put it in pet food!

2. Moon Willow Lake profile image80
    Moon Willow Lakeposted 6 years ago

I 100% completely agree that this "practice" is very uncalled for. I also do not see the point in 'dressing' up food with pointless extra stuff either. Frankly, we're going to eat it, not hang it on the wall like a piece of artwork! (Not to mention that having extra junk that I'm never going to eat just to make it "look better" is extremely wasteful!) I also believe that all companies should have 100% organic ingredients that come in the same size containers/boxes as what's currently available and that taste exactly the same as what's currently available in addition to costing the same (or less) as what's available now for literally every product they make. Enough is enough with the wasteful, mindless, harmful, artificial junk they try to slip past us. It's no wonder so many people get so incredibly ill!

3. profile image0
    stessilyposted 6 years ago

Hmmm! Kellogg's and all those companies adding food coloring have never asked me or anyone I know what we want, probably because we prefer to see things as they are, instead of in disguise.

4. SallyTX profile image85
    SallyTXposted 6 years ago

Yes, I agree! There's just no good reason to add artificial ingredients of any kind to food. Healthful, whole foods have plenty of color. If you have to add artificial color to it to make it look palatable, that's a good indication it's not something you should be eating! ;D

5. phillippeengel profile image80
    phillippeengelposted 6 years ago

With more people living and working in the core area, there is an increased demand for goods and services.
    This encourages further investments, leading to the expansion of existing industries and the establishment of new businesses.
    As more jobs are generated and profits and wages increase as the economy improves, the general wealth of the people increases as well.
    In response, the core area further improves its services to meet the needs of the people.
    Although the people have a high standard of living, this does not mean that they have a high quality of life. These people are not satisfied with that they have and there is demand for more novel products.
    Greed is indeed so significant.

working