jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What do you know about JACKFRUIT? Is it available every where in the world or in

1. anusujith profile image78
    anusujithposted 5 years ago

What do you know about JACKFRUIT? Is it available every where in the world or in a particular area?

2. urmilashukla23 profile image78
    urmilashukla23posted 5 years ago

Jackfruit is available in India for sure. I am here in California and gets jackfruit in a can and use it to make pickles and vegetables to go with rice.

3. Leroyworld profile image61
    Leroyworldposted 5 years ago

I am able to purchase it fresh here in Dallas, Texas.  I don't think it grows here though.  It is pretty good,

4. Turtlewoman profile image94
    Turtlewomanposted 5 years ago

Jackfruit is usually grown in tropical climates. It's a native fruit to India, Phillipines, Vietnam. You can buy them at the Asian supermarkets here in the US. I bought a whole one last week and it cost around $15 since it was very heavy (about 20 lbs) That's pretty expensive, considering only a fraction of it can be eaten, which is the smaller flesh. Jackfruit is very nutritious, with a high amount of phytonutrients, vitamin C, potassium and other minerals. And it tastes delicious!

5. profile image0
    Hubert Williamsposted 5 years ago

I think jackfruit is available in larger food stores in the States. It grows in abundance in the Philippines.

6. vims003 profile image47
    vims003posted 5 years ago

jack fruit commonly find more in kerala in india.its a delicious one.with this we can make different type of food items.fried chips also can make with this.in our place we used to get more jack fruits this time.