jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

Would you complain if you where in a restaurant and it took 40mins to get served

1. sangre profile image94
    sangreposted 5 years ago

Would you complain if you where in a restaurant and it took 40mins to get served?

2. girlgonestrong profile image60
    girlgonestrongposted 5 years ago

I usually don't complain.  If it took that long, then it was probably pretty busy or they had a breakdown in the back room which is beyond the ability of your server to handle.  If it seems to be because the server is not bringing her A-game to work I usually won't tip 20% (which I normally do because I appreciate good service) and if it's not her fault that things are going slowly I might call customer service.  They tend to seen you free food coupons in that situation.

3. kuttingxedge profile image77
    kuttingxedgeposted 5 years ago

It wouldn't have taken me 40 minutes to complain...

4. MrsLWarner profile image65
    MrsLWarnerposted 5 years ago

I would complain at 20 minutes! Patience is not one of my strong points! I feel if I'm spending money then they  should be on top of their game! If not, I'll go somewhere that is!

5. xanzacow profile image71
    xanzacowposted 5 years ago

If I were going to complain, which I usually do not do, I would wait until the meal is complete, thus no retalliation with the food ie. spitting in your entree. It happens.

6. profile image0
    Team Leaderposted 5 years ago

Hello Sangre,

Definately not. I might leave but I would refuse to embarass myself or others that way.

Your 'Team Leader'

7. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

I wouldn't complain because I don't want my food messed with.  But afterward I would complain and likely not go back.

8. profile image0
    Starmom41posted 5 years ago

not if they were busy. 
    but if they were just goofing off, I'd say something.

9. profile image0
    Marntzuposted 5 years ago

It depends, if its a fast food or casual dining restaurant then yes I would complain. if it's a fine dinning restaurant then no. I do not mind waiting for good food.

10. Clive Donegal profile image77
    Clive Donegalposted 5 years ago

If the server has no already explained the reason for the delay, I am more inclined to ask what is going on. Generally, they want you to be happy. Help them help you to be.

working