jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Has hubpages changed the rules regarding hubs on alchohol?

1. Theeyeballkid profile image77
    Theeyeballkidposted 5 years ago

Has hubpages changed the rules regarding hubs on alchohol?

I have 3 hubs on beer which have all been depublished. The only explaination I get from the moderators are that the content is about "Gambling, Alchohol, Tobacco or Weapons".

If hubs on beer arent allowed then why is there a catagory for it?

Anybody else having similar problems?

2. JohnGreasyGamer profile image85
    JohnGreasyGamerposted 5 years ago

I think it's probably someone being overly sensetive about it. I've seen all kinds of alcohol Hubs such as cocktail recepies, history of alcohol and the distillation process. Plus, I've seen people review different brands and go into great detail.

Though I'm speaking of around 2 months ago, so times may have changed recently. How very odd though....

Theeyeballkidposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Cheers John, yes I have noticed many similar hubs which still seem to be showing. Maybe it was the ebay advertising that the moderators had a problem with, I cant see how rating beer breaks the rules. Will see if taking the ads off makes a difference

3. profile image0
    Marntzuposted 5 years ago

I just published a article on making Margaritas that went into detail on how to pick tequila last weekend. So far mine hasn't been unpublished. let me know though if you find out whats going on. I'd hate to see such a wide cooking category to suddenly become taboo.

Theeyeballkidposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Marntzu, I have got them republished after I took down all ebay and amazon advertising. Seems hubpages have a problem with advertising on alcohol related hubs.

4. Danieljohnston profile image88
    Danieljohnstonposted 5 years ago

I was curious about what I could write about, and in one of the official posts I saw something [posted below.] It depends on if you violated the website link rule, or tried to sell something, etc.

"Am I allowed to create Hubs about beer, wine, or alcohol?
    You may not create Hubs that sell, or link to sites that sell beer, wine, or alcohol. Further, links to alcohol related sites that require visitors to verify their age are prohibited.

However, you are free to publish reviews of a particular libation, brewery, winery, or distiller. Cocktail recipes are also fair game. On the subject of home brewing, you can share recipes and techniques, and you can sell related equipment. However, the sale of simple all-in-one brewing kits is prohibited.

If you are unsure if your alcohol-related Hub is ok, please contact us for clarification before publishing your Hub."