jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

HubPages Network Site: From Hero To Zero

1. Faceless39 profile image93
    Faceless39posted 22 months ago

HubPages Network Site: From Hero To Zero

A couple of my hubs just got selected for a HubPages Network Site. Two of my Best Ever hubs just went from hundreds of hits to like 4 hits overnight. There is no opt-out, and I have No say in this at all. Basically HP just completely destroyed my income. It's been down about 70% all year and now they just basically deleted my best hubs and gave me the finger.

Have you noticed that your hubs transferred to a Network Site have rallied or failed? I'm curious if they will rebound, or if, after over 5 years I should truly remove myself from this sinking ship. Thanks for your input!

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12960247_f260.jpg

2. Duchessoflilac1 profile image76
    Duchessoflilac1posted 22 months ago

Not noticed this. I thought the hubs were my property. And I have yet to see money although I've written 100 hubs. At what point do I start earning?

1. thranax profile image56
      thranaxposted 22 months agoin reply to this

You start earning when you reach Hubpages, Amazon, or Google's payment thresholds. You could have 1,000,000 hubs but if they aren't get views, clicks, or commissions then you wont get anything. Some topics and writings just aren't profitable.

3. thranax profile image56
    thranaxposted 22 months ago

I fell your pain. The biggest hit i took outside of the Google Panda and other updates was when Hubpages deemed my hub unfit for advertising. I was starting to make almost 50 dollars a month from amazon on that hub alone, and over 20 a month from google. I never recovered my earnings since. The hub sitll retains over 50 views every single day and would make me the same amount it always has if they would just let the ads on it again.

I have yet to have any hubs enter the network program thing but I do have a ton of unfeatured hubs because I can't be active enough to keep maintenance them every week to ensure they stay featured. While I honestly hate Hubpages choices lately I tried almost every other online money making avenue I can and Hubpages is the only one that works for less then 30 minutes of work time a week. I do love the site, I love my history here, and i would never leave it for good - but I just really wish things could go back in time before google panda, before they deemed my article not fit for advertising, and when anything I posted got at least 1k+ views. I have some hubs after panda that legit been around for 2-3 years with less then 1k views on them. It does make me sad.

~thranax~

1. Ken Burgess profile image88
      Ken Burgessposted 10 months agoin reply to this

Wow... that sucks, what reason could they have to make an article that was ad worthy, not ad worthy? 
      A possible solution, save the article to your computer, delete it from Hubpages, and then resubmit it with updates and editorial changes.

working