Organic Foods vs. Conventional Foods: are organic foods much better than regular

1. lovelydog profile image61
    lovelydogposted 5 years ago

Organic Foods vs. Conventional Foods: are organic foods much better than regular foods?

There is much confusion surrounding the benefits of eating a diet that has been produced organically, but the truth about organic vs non organic foods is still in need of further explorations. More research is needed before it can be stated that organic foods provide more nutrition than inorganic foods. What is the difference between Organic food and conventional food? Is Organic food safer than conventional? Organic foods typically cost more than conventional foods, but do customers really care about these factors?

2. MickS profile image70
    MickSposted 5 years ago

It is said that organic foods are, nutritionally, no diferent to ordinarily grown food.  However, we have to take into consideration that organicaly produced food doesn't contain the chemical growing aids that ordinary food has.

3. sadie423 profile image92
    sadie423posted 5 years ago

When comparing conventional v/s store bought organic, I am not sure there is much difference other than less chemicals. But most probably still use "organic" pesticides and herbicides. If you buy straight from the farmer- then you can get a better idea of how they grow their food. The government given name of organic doesn't impress me much and I don't trust that what I am getting is actually superior to the conventional. I grow organic, so most of my veggies come from my own soil and I know exactly what is in it.

Nutritionally foods grown in good, healthy, organic soil are better. If the soil is nutrient and mineral rich, the food will be. Grow in barren, chemical filled soil- the plants will be full of that too. And ingesting something that will kill an insect/weed/ etc is never a good idea.