jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

When eating a pomegranate, do you spit out the seeds, or do you eat them?

1. eternals3ptember profile image59
    eternals3ptemberposted 5 years ago

When eating a pomegranate, do you spit out the seeds, or do you eat them?

2. backporchstories profile image79
    backporchstoriesposted 5 years ago

Pomegranate is an old fruit that goes back to the Old Testiment.  Once you open the fruit, it is busting with seed casings.  If you use a bowl of water, and begin to seperate the seeds from the pulp, then you can easily remove the inedible pulp and enjoy the seeds in their juicy casings.  They may be a bit crunchy, but most delicious!

1. eternals3ptember profile image59
      eternals3ptemberposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Sorry, I meant something different. I mean when I eat them I spit the seeds out after gumming the garnets and sucking out the juice, their just a little too bitter for me. I was wondering if anyone else did.

2. backporchstories profile image79
      backporchstoriesposted 5 years agoin reply to this

It is good to eat seeds, good nutrition and besides, who wants to spit tiny seeds out all the time!  That is why I love seedless grapes so I don't have to bother and why I do not eat much watermelon. But these seeds of pomegranate is palatable!

3. Shanna11 profile image92
    Shanna11posted 5 years ago

I eat the seeds. I like the slight crunch and there are so many that spitting each one out would take forever.

4. anglnwu profile image90
    anglnwuposted 5 years ago

I enjoy it the way you do. I suck out the juice and spit out the seeds. I've heard that the seeds are good for you but I have yet to try it. The idea doesn't appeal to me. I love eating pomegranate and often used, the little "jewels" of juice comes without the pit.

working