What's a heathy dinner that you can make under 30 minutes?

1. brittanytodd profile image92
    brittanytoddposted 5 years ago

What's a heathy dinner that you can make under 30 minutes?

2. Betty Reid profile image61
    Betty Reidposted 5 years ago

Chef salad.  Romaine, raw spinach, other veggies, like mushrooms, green olives, chopped deli meat or leftover chicken, cheese, and dressing.  Then some carbs on the side, like whole wheat crackers.

Oh, and I just sauteed salmon the other night.  It took only about 4 minutes to cook!  Then I microwaved some veggies.

3. lrose profile image60
    lroseposted 5 years ago

Pasta dishes are a great quick and healthy meal that take only minutes to make.  Here is one that I use all the time, especially on those nights when I am tired and don't really feel like cooking and doesn't require exact measurements as you can make as little or as much as you need.

I take two cups of cooked and drained long noodle pasta, (fettuccini, soba noodles, spaghetti . . .) and place in a bowl .  Then I dress the pasta with a simple and easy sauce made from plain yogurt mixed with some dried herbs like basil, oregano, tarragon or whatever you prefer.  Salt and pepper the pasta to taste and top with fresh grated parmesan cheese.

For a couple of simple side dishes, I toast some thick slices of French bread and top with a drizzle of olive oil and some diced tomatoes topped with a sprinkle of dried basil.  I will also add a simple side salad of lettuce, sliced cucumber and tomatoes tossed with some olive oil, lemon juice, and salt and pepper to taste.

This quick dinner recipe is very flexible and can be made for meat eaters by adding some diced, cooked chicken, steak, ham, or shrimp or is perfect for a vegetarian by adding some cooked beans like garbanzo beans, kidney beans, or black beans, or you can add  packaged flavored tofu (cut into cubes).

This is a quick, easy, delicious and budget-friendly meal idea.

working