jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Starbucks green tea latte recipe?

1. melbel profile image96
    melbelposted 5 years ago

Starbucks green tea latte recipe?

I LOVE Starbucks green tea latte (I get it iced and always ask for it sweetened.) Do you know how it's made? I think it's a matcha drink. I would really like to make it at home.

2. daskittlez69 profile image76
    daskittlez69posted 5 years ago

It uses 4 scoops of the matcha powder (finely milled or fine powder green tea) and 4 pumps of melon.  Then you put half hot water and half steamed milk.  Then you just top is off with foam.

1. melbel profile image96
      melbelposted 5 years agoin reply to this

How big are the scoops of matcha and do you know where I can I buy the melon flavor?

3. lezsaysit profile image60
    lezsaysitposted 5 years ago

I know a thing or two about making this drink. Depending on the size of the cup, lets use Starbucks language and call it "Tall." You take hot water and fill up the water half - way or a little bit more if you would prefer. Get the Matcha powder           ( about 1 and half teaspoons). Stir. Use classic syrup or melon to sweeten it. Or, you can use honey, brown sugar, etc. and have it sweetened to taste. Then, steam the milk. I personally love Soy milk with Vanilla. Or, use whatever milk you prefer. More and more big stores like Target are selling syrups and you can buy it from there. If you want it, iced, no need to steam the milk! Knock yourself out and enjoy!

4. JamesGrantSmith profile image60
    JamesGrantSmithposted 4 years ago

The basic recipe is melon and add 4 big scoops of matcha powder, but rather than trying to clone Starbucks recipe just experiment, have some fun with it.