jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (13 posts)

Do you like ice?

1. JakeFrost profile image60
    JakeFrostposted 5 years ago

Do you like ice?

I don't like having ice in a drink. My teeth are very sensitive and I find it near impossible to drink it so cold, also if I'm in a place like McDonalds I find that half my cup is ice I didn't even want. I always ask for my drinks without ice.

2. jennzie profile image83
    jennzieposted 5 years ago

Yes, I prefer my drinks to be very cold.

JakeFrostposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I agree with some drinks, but in a situation where I am paying I would rather not pay for half a cup of ice

3. LauraGT profile image91
    LauraGTposted 5 years ago

I agree, I don't like ice in drinks!  I pretty much only drink water.  I find when it has ice or is extremely cold that it is difficult to drink.  I think America is unique in this regard - other places tend not to serve ice with drinks (International hubbers - correct me if I'm wrong on this!)

I'm in the UK and we are given ice with any cold drink, I have to make it clear to the person if I do not want ice... And even then they get it wrong

4. profile image0
    Kommadantposted 5 years ago

I enjoy drinking ice cold water on hot days or after a long work out.  Otherwise, it doesn't really matter to me if my drinks are cold or room temperature.

Ice water really does irritate my teeth, it almost hurts! I much rather drink a squash with water I keep in the fridge... That's just right for me

5. Leroyworld profile image60
    Leroyworldposted 5 years ago

I like to have ice in my drinks, especially tea.  Of course, that might have something to do with the 100 plus degree days here in Texas.  The question is interesting.  I am looking forward to the responses.  I heard someone say that hot tea will cool you down.  Anyone have any experience with that?

I can see how hot tea could cool you but I don't see it works. On a hot day here (very rare) I avoid tea but I did have one the other day and was pouring with sweat... The temp change could cool you or even the force sweat would be the cooling method

2. Leroyworld profile image60
      Leroyworldposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the reply.  I still have some time to try out hot tea on a hot day.

6. EyeDreamInk profile image59
    EyeDreamInkposted 5 years ago

That's A Go. www.Rated-Real.com Summer Time Classic

7. fitmom profile image84
    fitmomposted 5 years ago

The only times in my life that I liked ice in my drink was when I was pregnant and really hot. Otherwise, the ice hurts my teeth as well. I use a straw if I do have ice in my cup. Normally, I don't drink sodas and mainly drink water without ice.

8. mvillecat profile image80
    mvillecatposted 5 years ago

I am addicted to ice. Especially living in hot Georgia, I consumer it in masses. I understand about the teeth sensitive issues. I particular love shaved ice.

working