jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

What is the grossest thing that you've found in your food?

1. fitmom profile image84
    fitmomposted 5 years ago

What is the grossest thing that you've found in your food?

I've heard about some really disgusting items being found in food. I'm interested to see what people's experience has been.

2. BLACKANDGOLDJACK profile image84
    BLACKANDGOLDJACKposted 5 years ago

I once found a cigarette butt in a bottle of beer. I think beer qualifies as food because it has a lot of calories, and that's what I have for breakfast.

This is a true story so Google it if you don't believe me. Todd Haley, the new offensive coordinator of the Pittsburgh Steelers (you probably saw him on TV last night during the Colts @ Steelers game), sued McDonalds for $1.7 million dollars in 2006 because his wife found a dead rat in her salad after beginning to eat. The case was settled confidentially out of court.

Where's the beef? Eat lean. Rat has less fat.

fitmomposted 5 years agoin reply to this

A cigarette butt in a bottle of beer is definitely odd and gross. A dead rat in a sale is beyond gross. That is a mental image that would never go away!

3. duffsmom profile image59
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

Years ago while working late, we ordered a pizza.  When it arrived, it had this little black curly hair setting on one piece.  Someone just removed the hair and most didn't worry about it.  Hair in food is something that grosses me out and I could not and would not eat any of that pizza. I get kind of gaggy thinking about it and that was back in 1977 or so.

fitmomposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I agree with you! Hair in food grosses me out, too. I've found hair in my food once many years ago.

working