jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (8 posts)

Do you use recipes regularly?

1. miss1magination profile image67
    miss1maginationposted 5 years ago

Do you use recipes regularly?

2. Zubair Ahmed profile image79
    Zubair Ahmedposted 5 years ago

NO don't use recipes,  I know what I like and usually get my wife to cook it.  As my cooking will most probably send both of us to hospital.  She knows how to cook different dishes and loves trying new ones - so my motto if someone enjoys doing cooking then help them out - by staying out there way.

Actually I do try from time to time as you will see some of my hubs also contain things that I have tried.

3. Darrylmdavis profile image81
    Darrylmdavisposted 5 years ago

Directly? No, not really. But I regularly take bits and pieces from various places in order to cobble together something. ;-)

4. carol7777 profile image89
    carol7777posted 5 years ago

Rarely...Like to improvise and add a little of this and that...That way it always tastes different.

5. vespawoolf profile image98
    vespawoolfposted 5 years ago

After years of cooking, I follow experience and instinct and prepare what tastes good to us. I do use recipes for cookies and cakes, though, since they need to be exact. But other than that, measuring is tedious and hard to remember to do when I'm documenting or experimenting for a cooking hub.

1. carol7777 profile image89
      carol7777posted 5 years agoin reply to this

I cannot tell you how many baked things got ruined in my kitchen due to my impatience and not following the recipe.
      So I don't bake

6. Nolimits Nana profile image88
    Nolimits Nanaposted 5 years ago

I'd have to say I read recipes regularly.
    I rarely follow them - I use them to trigger ideas for my own creations.
    The exception being certain baking recipes, although I generally find myself tweaking those as well, to make them more nutritious or less sweet.

7. peachpurple profile image81
    peachpurpleposted 5 years ago

Yes, i do use recipes most of the time. I am poor at cooking , so had to depend on these recipe books for guidance. Sometimes, I follow my mom and mother in law recipes which they had shared with me. much simpler with less ingredients.