jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (9 posts)

Any good diets that work? I am 148 5'4" and I want to lose 20 pounds so I can be

1. pand4 profile image60
    pand4posted 5 years ago

Any good diets that work? I am 148 5'4" and I want to lose 20 pounds so I can be 128.

Any food plans like what to eat for breakfast lunch and dinner that will help me achieve this goal? I had 2 hard boiled eggs this morning.

2. Just Ask Susan profile image90
    Just Ask Susanposted 5 years ago

I like the Slim Fast diet plan and have written a hub about it. I find that it's the easiest diet to follow .... for me anyways.

3. pand4 profile image60
    pand4posted 5 years ago

Hmm i'll have to try it. Do you lose weight quick form it if you follow it?

1. Just Ask Susan profile image90
      Just Ask Susanposted 5 years agoin reply to this

The first week I lost 5 or 6 pounds. The following weeks it would vary from 1/2 pound to 2 pounds.

4. rutley profile image74
    rutleyposted 5 years ago

That's exactly what I am and I cannot seem to get under 145.  Oh well, Just turned 50 and I just sit by the fat people at the beach cause there's always someone who looks worse.  Sorry, that was mean.  20 lbs is probably to big of a goal. Start with 5 and go from there because that's an attainable goal.

5. Trish303 profile image73
    Trish303posted 5 years ago

Sparkpeople.com. Is a wonderful free site that will get you to your goal weight. Oh and never skip a meal this can make you gain weight.

6. fitmom profile image82
    fitmomposted 5 years ago

I've written a couple of hubs about weight loss if you want to check them out. Detox is really important to help your body to lose the fat as well as eating healthy (little to no grain, healthy proteins, fruits and veggies) and being active.

No cereal or junky stuff for breakfast. Eggs are the best thing you can eat for breakfast. You can have a protein shake for lunch. I've tried lots and only have one that I use and love. Dinner needs to be some meat and vegetables. Stay away from white starches like rice, bread, noodles, etc.

Instead of Slim Fast, have a healthy protein shake. But, you've got to do research and find the right one. Whey proteins can cause problems for people's digestive systems. I use a vegan protein shake and it is delicious. It's almost like having a milkshake!

Best ~ fitmom

1. pand4 profile image60
      pand4posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thank you that sounds greatt smile

7. isenhower33 profile image79
    isenhower33posted 5 years ago

I can help you with this, I can actually make meal plans for anyone that needs it. I have a program I've paid for to do so. If anyone would like meal plans contact me through my facebook on my profile here and I will add you on skype and I can show you my screen and you can write down your full meal plan. Plus I also have a hub on having a healthy body maybe you should check that out as well.

working