jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (8 posts)

Have any one bought frozen foods through Amazon?

1. BlissfulWriter profile image70
    BlissfulWriterposted 5 years ago

Have any one bought frozen foods through Amazon?

How do they ship it while keeping the food frozen?  Or did it arrived all thawed?  Did it just come in a box like the way they ship books?  Or is it packed in ice?

2. ThompsonPen profile image79
    ThompsonPenposted 5 years ago

No???? I didn't know that was an option! When I lived in Wales, Tesco had a grocery delivery option. With my work schedule and lack of car, I find it difficult to go grocery shopping. I wish so much that I had that option in the US. Is it *good* frozen food?

3. CWanamaker profile image96
    CWanamakerposted 5 years ago

I have never ordered frozen food from Amazon nor did I know that it was available.  The food is probably shipped in a cooler packed in dry ice. 

One time I ordered 100 custom Hershey bars from a small company in the middle of summer in Arizona.  The seller packed the bars in a cooler that was stuffed the dry ice.  When I got home from work one day the chocolate was waiting on my doorstep.  It did not melt even though it was 110+ degrees outside.

4. botipton profile image61
    botiptonposted 5 years ago

It comes packed in Styrofoam and depending on the shipping time it might have a piece of dry ice in it.  Everything I have ordered has arrived still frozen in good condition.

1. snapbackbetty profile image69
      snapbackbettyposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the info! I've always wanted to know about this.

5. snapbackbetty profile image69
    snapbackbettyposted 5 years ago

I haven't. I was actually scared of the outcome. I have always wondered how they packaged frozen foods and if they arrive still frozen.

6. KA Pederson profile image64
    KA Pedersonposted 5 years ago

I have.  It comes packaged in a styrofoam cooler and dry ice.  One time it came all thawed out already, it may have been a postal problem, but they reshipped another package asap at no extra cost.

7. oceanuniverse profile image60
    oceanuniverseposted 5 years ago

No! I order books through Amazon. I'd prefer to get my food from the grocery store.

working