jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

What is your favorite home-made side dish using rice or pasta?

1. Mitch Alan profile image81
    Mitch Alanposted 5 years ago

What is your favorite home-made side dish using rice or pasta?

Without using a prepackaged box, such as Rice-a-Roni or the like, what side dish is your family's favorite home-made side dish using either rice or pasta?

2. JimTxMiller profile image79
    JimTxMillerposted 5 years ago

Straight rice with butter and salt works for me, Mitch. Of course, it works a lot better sittin' under a mound of red beans or a ladle of Texas chili. As for pasta, can't do better than mac 'n' cheese. If you don't want to go all out (good mac 'n' cheese is work to build right), try tossing some angel hair pasta or linguine in melted butter, garlic and parmigiana cheese.

Mitch Alanposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Jim, I Love a good mac 'n' cheese! The garlic parmesan linguine is also very good (and simple).

3. MickS profile image74
    MickSposted 5 years ago

Pasta with a little tomato puree and olive oil stirred in, and few Basil leaves added whilst the pasta is hot to just wilt the leaves, then shavings of parmesan cheese.

MickS, That's one I'll have to try. It sounds delicious.

4. peachpurple profile image81
    peachpurpleposted 5 years ago

i love fried rice, easy to cook for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Just find anything in yr fridge , chop them and dump them into the wok with the rice. Easy as 123 and fast for a hungry pack of wolves ( children).
    Here is the link to fried rice:
    http://peachpurple.hubpages.com/hub/NAS … FRIED-RICE

We just got a new wok. We've been experimenting with sides and main dishes. Will check out your hub. Thanks for sharing.

working