jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (9 posts)

What is your favorite side dish at Thanksgiving?

1. BSloan profile image74
    BSloanposted 5 years ago

What is your favorite side dish at Thanksgiving?

What is the side dish you can't do without when Thanksgiving dinner is served?

2. profile image72
    win-winresourcesposted 5 years ago

Hi B-

Since we always have prime rib (can't stand turkey) the best side is Yorkshire pudding.  For those who aren't familiar, this is not a sweet dessert but a batter cooked in a hot oven usually in a muffin pan.  The result is a very tall, moist in the center, crispy bread.

Whipped canned sweet potatoes with a little orange juice and zest, cinnamon, nutmeg and butter.  You can top it with the little marshmellows and brown them in the oven if you like.

Getting an early start?

-DW

1. BSloan profile image74
      BSloanposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Sounds yummy...My family and I were commenting that the summer is half over (my kids are off all summer from school) and soon we'll be enjoying the holidays.  Thanksgiving & Christmas are our favorite holidays.  I love everything about both holid

3. Mama Kim 8 profile image91
    Mama Kim 8posted 5 years ago

Without a doubt a classic bread stuffing!

4. artist101 profile image67
    artist101posted 5 years ago

I think it is sweet potatoes, one of my favorites, and stuffing, of course.

5. Amethystraven profile image78
    Amethystravenposted 5 years ago

My favorite is rutabagas mashed. I love their flavor and texture.

6. profile image0
    CJ Sledgehammerposted 5 years ago

Fluffy mashed potatoes with brown gravy is a must. If I have been a bad boy and have been grounded from having mashed potatoes, I would then like to see StoveTop Stuffing. Yum!!!

7. moonfairy profile image80
    moonfairyposted 5 years ago

I can't do without my grandmother's stuffing recipe...ground hamburg and pork with potatoes, onions, cinnamon and clove. Oh, it's soooo good!!

8. mrsgray profile image60
    mrsgrayposted 5 years ago

Green bean Casserole Creamy yummy goodness with an addicting crunch.

working