jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Do you prefer waiting in line at the supermarket for your food or going through

1. moneyfairy profile image74
    moneyfairyposted 5 years ago

Do you prefer waiting in line at the supermarket for your food or going through a drive thru?

I think it would be cool to order your groceries and then pick them up in a drive thru instead of waiting in line inside the grocery store. If that service was available would you choose that over waiting in line? I know people do it at Walgreens to pick up their medications ,so why not your groceries too?

2. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

Weird I was thinking of this the other night.  It would be so nice to be able to put in a grocery order online, or by phone and then pick it up, all packaged the next day at a drive through.

I can't stand for longer than a couple of minutes anymore so haven't been to our grocery store in a couple of years so your drive thru idea is great.

moneyfairyposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thanks. I'm just thinking for seniors or disabled people or pregnant woman etc... it would be really helpful . I do know that they have delivery services but they charge extra for that.

3. lburmaster profile image83
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

Supermarket is what I'd rather do. And yes, what you suggest exists. I think it's found in Long Island, but I'm not sure exactly where. Honestly, I'm picky and love finding my own food in the store. Helps you shop around from brand to brand rather than paying the same price when you could be getting a better deal.

Wow! That is great, I didn't know that such a thing existed. I know you can order food deliveries from resturaunts but not from a supermarket. I too like picking my own things but I just hate waiting in line. I try to use the self serve one often.

4. peachpurple profile image82
    peachpurpleposted 5 years ago

i prefer to key in the items you need at the entrance of the shopping mall and head to the cashier pay your bill then straight to your car where your shopping cart is waiting for you !!!

Wow I never heard of that? What mall is that?

working