jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

What can you add to Pasta Alfredo?

1. lisasuniquevoice profile image76
    lisasuniquevoiceposted 4 years ago

What can you add to Pasta Alfredo?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/8064983_f260.jpg

2. profile image0
    Joanne M Olivieriposted 4 years ago

For an interesting twist, a dash of cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice for a Mediterranean taste.

lisasuniquevoiceposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Joanne,
      Oh, that's what Mediterranean food is flavored with. I keep hearing that this is the way to eat if you want to be healthy. I'm going research the Mediterranean way of eating.  I like cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice.
      Thanks,
      Lisa

3. dorothy0328 profile image75
    dorothy0328posted 4 years ago

Adding chicken or shrimp is a great meat choice. I have heard of people also adding strip steak as well.

lisasuniquevoiceposted 4 years agoin reply to this

dorothy0328,
      I could go with any of those three. I also love adding spinach. Once it wilts down from the heat you hardly know it's in there. You know most people wouldn't mention putting steak in this dish, but I like it.
      Thank you,
      Lisa

4. nArchuleta profile image91
    nArchuletaposted 4 years ago

Definitely chicken. Basil or Italian parsley. Peas are yummy. A topping of Parmesan? (There's no such thing as too much cheese, right?) Strips of bell peppers. Roasted garlic... and now I'm hungry. wink

5. Georgie Lowery profile image96
    Georgie Loweryposted 4 years ago

I love it with handfulls of fresh mushrooms and chicken or shrimp.

6. StoneCircle profile image88
    StoneCircleposted 4 years ago

Spinach, mushrooms, diced tomatoes and peppers is a decent veggie mix. I have had any type of meat you can think of in Pasta Alfredo, but I enjoyed the 3 ground meat meatballs the most. And cheese, gotta have at least 5 different types of Italian cheese.

working