jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

How often do you eat a fresh salad?

1. lisasuniquevoice profile image74
    lisasuniquevoiceposted 4 years ago

How often do you eat a fresh salad?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/8091806_f260.jpg

2. FatFreddysCat profile image99
    FatFreddysCatposted 4 years ago

When the fresh veggies are in season and my wife and I can hit the farmer's market, we eat salads with our dinner several times a week.

During the fall and winter, when truly "fresh" ingredients are harder to come by, we don't eat them nearly as much. Somehow the produce tastes better when it's not imported from Argentina, or wherever it comes from during the cold months.

3. renegadetory profile image98
    renegadetoryposted 4 years ago

I try to eat a salad every day...I like using a mix of different lettuce and spinach, micro-greens, sprouts, avocado, pumpkin seeds, peppers, tomatoes, mushrooms, celery and use and oil and vinegar dressing.

4. freecampingaussie profile image61
    freecampingaussieposted 4 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/8093603_f260.jpg

We eat salads every day at times as my husband loves salad . As we are traveling once we buy salad ingredients we try make sure nothing gets wasted. Other times we might go a week without one as we love vegies as well !

lisasuniquevoiceposted 4 years agoin reply to this

freecampingaussie,
      That's great that you include salads as you travel. I guess you can stop by any and every farmer's stand you see along the way.
      Have fun in your travels,
      Lisa

5. profile image61
    Jovana Jakovljeviposted 4 years ago

I eat salads every day. Sometimes several times a day. Of course I try to buy them from the country people think that because they have less pesticides in it than others. Depending on the time of year and pick lettuce. I consider it very healthy and they are an integral part of life and health.

Jovana,
      I too like to buy my produce from the local growers. They have a Farmer's Market right up the road every Sat. I just have to get there before it gets too hot and they pack up and go back to the farm.
      Thanks,
      Lisa

6. WhatToCook profile image73
    WhatToCookposted 4 years ago

at least once every day. I love salad. we eat with dinner or sometimes as a lunch

Brenda,
      I eat all kinds of salads all of the time. The newest thing I've seen is the wedge salad. They cut a wedge of lettuce from a head and just put other ingredients on top with dressing. It looks good. They serve it right along side of steak.
      LB

working