jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (11 posts)

How do you eat your corn on the cob?

1. KDeus profile image96
    KDeusposted 4 years ago

How do you eat your corn on the cob?

Tonight, as we were having our 4th of July picnic, I noticed my daughter eats completely around the cob before moving to the right. I, on the other hand, eat in a typewriter type fashion, finishing one row before turning and getting started on the next. My 9-year old, prefers it cut off the cob. So, this fun question is just to inquire how others eat theirs!

2. Lady Guinevere profile image60
    Lady Guinevereposted 4 years ago

I eat mine typewriter style too.  I put the butter on first with a slice of bread, no messy butter getting all over the place and I can eat the buttered bread afterwards.

1. KDeus profile image96
      KDeusposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I have never thought of doing that! Makes total sense and so much less messier than a puddle of butter on a plate! Thanks for answering and for the tip, too!

3. Attikos profile image80
    Attikosposted 4 years ago

I use my incisors to cut off those delectable kernels several rows at a time, left to right, then right to left, then left to ...

Now I've got to go cook an ear of corn. Thanks a lot.

4. vespawoolf profile image97
    vespawoolfposted 4 years ago

If I'm eating sweet corn in the U.S., I eat it typewriter style. But here in Peru, corn-on-the-cob is more like field corn or hominy and it is usually eaten by pulling off a kernel at a time. Instead of buttering the corn, it's eaten with big hunks of fresh cheese. It's an acquired taste, but we really enjoy eating corn that way now. Still, there's nothing like summer sweet corn!
    That's a cute story about your daughter. :   )

5. milleramanda53 profile image78
    milleramanda53posted 4 years ago

All the above. Just depends on the mood if we are having a good time we tend to get a little messy with it, but anything formal It's the typewriter style or cut off.

6. profile image0
    richard alburoposted 4 years ago

I eat my corn on the cob two ends first,then i go to the middle,Specially Japanese corn.This kind of corn have bigger kernels and a little bit hard.I remember my grandmother she eats her corn taking out the kernels one by one by hands because she doesn't have front teeth.

7. liesl5858 profile image86
    liesl5858posted 4 years ago

I eat the sweet corn cob by biting into it or removing the kernels then put them in my mouth to eat.

8. teaches12345 profile image94
    teaches12345posted 4 years ago

I am with those that eat it typewriter style.  I don't know why, but it seems to be easier to eat and less mess.  Of course, having it with a bit of butter is always good, but I love it without most of the time.

9. KL Klein profile image84
    KL Kleinposted 4 years ago

One row at time is clearly the best method, with maximum efficiency and minimal mess. smile

10. WhatToCook profile image72
    WhatToCookposted 4 years ago

I eat mine like your daughter going around right to left.