What is the most outlandishly decadent dinner party idea you have implemented?

1. gmwilliams profile image85
    gmwilliamsposted 4 years ago

What is the most outlandishly decadent dinner party idea you have implemented?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/8388800_f260.jpg

2. etower036 profile image59
    etower036posted 4 years ago

I had started a "Adventure into the Unknown Menu" Potluck dinner. What we did was handed out envelops to different people to make a dish for 6 servings per dish.
    One person made lasagna while another made Chicken Pot pie.
    Another would make pigs in a blanket. (Hot dogs wrapped in biscuit dough and baked.) and another person made  Mini Pizzas (me)
    And finally, one person made or bought an apple pie, while another made or bought a chocolate cake.
    No one was to tell what they were making. And then came the time to make the menu.

The guests then chose 3 numbers. (they did not know what they were getting other then they were told that it was Appetizer, main dish and dessert.)
    The menu was as such. (still have the menu.)

1. Hark the who goes there - (*pig in a blanket.)
    2. Crabby day (apple pie)
    3. Hippo-hippy  (Chicken pot pie)
    4. Albatross (Mini pizza)
    5. Hecklers delight (Lasagna)
    6. Beverly hump-billies (Chocolate cake)

The dinner was a success cause it was fun. One person got 2 desserts and an appetizer. while one started with a main course as the appetizer, and the dessert for the main dish.
    It was great fun and we did it again for a church fund raiser. people bid on the envelop but didn't know what they were bidding for.  Then we used the same format as above. It was mayham in the kitchen I tell you, but it was worth it cause people had fun, we raised $900.00 for the Youth ministry.

1. gmwilliams profile image85
      gmwilliamsposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Sounds SO FUN! It's GOOD to put some creativity to dinner parties. Simply LOVE it!

working