jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

Has anyone tried making hard boiled eggs this way?

1. HeatherH104 profile image83
    HeatherH104posted 4 years ago

Has anyone tried making hard boiled eggs this way?

I don't want to waste the electricity to heat oven for one or two eggs, but don't want to ruin a batch of eggs if this doesn't work. Anyone know if this is better?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/8429944_f260.jpg

2. loveofnight profile image81
    loveofnightposted 4 years ago

Wow,,,this is so cool, I have never heard of this before and can't wait to try it. Thanks for the share.

3. cat on a soapbox profile image98
    cat on a soapboxposted 4 years ago

Interesting, and a great idea when doing large batches at Easter.  I have not tried this and have no basis for flavor comparision.  It seems more energy efficient to put eggs in a covered saucepan filled w/ salted water until they boil (not long, when covered), turn off the heat, and let sit 20-25 min. w. the lid on. Drain and plunge in really cold (or iced) water, then peel. I never have any trouble w/ cracking or difficult peeling, and they always taste great!

4. CraftytotheCore profile image81
    CraftytotheCoreposted 4 years ago

I have not, but I have been meaning to after reading a Hub about it on here.

5. Rochelle Frank profile image95
    Rochelle Frankposted 4 years ago

I haven't. Will it work in a toaster oven that has a temp. setting?

6. freecampingaussie profile image62
    freecampingaussieposted 4 years ago

I have never heard of doing it that way . Will never need that many at once either but looks interesting for those that do !

7. DDE profile image26
    DDEposted 4 years ago

A lovely idea and have never thought of it, hard boiled eggs in an oven, will definitely have to give it a try.

8. Angela Kane profile image77
    Angela Kaneposted 4 years ago

I have never tried or knew you could cook hard boiled eggs in the oven. You should try 1 or 2 to see how they come out and then cook more if it actually works.

9. kidscrafts profile image81
    kidscraftsposted 4 years ago

I never tried it but I am sure it works because I made a special Dutch pastry in which I had to put a whole egg (it was for Easter) and they baked very well..... but because I was afraid they might not be cooked of break in my pastry.... I precooked them. 
    The good thing is that you can indeed cook a batch of egg and place those you don't eat in your fridge and they will keep for a while without being spoiled. 
    I am very curious now to know if they taste really better cooked this way!  I am waiting for your experience :-)

working