Do you think the benefits of eating organic food outweighs the extra cost of buy

1. Imogen French profile image83
    Imogen Frenchposted 4 years ago

Do you think the benefits of eating organic food outweighs the extra cost of buying it?

Although I grow a lot of my own food I am also aware that the cost of buying organic produce is much higher. I think the benefits to my health and the wellbeing of the planet make that little extra cost worthwhile. What do you think?

2. Just_Rodney profile image80
    Just_Rodneyposted 4 years ago

Of course, initially, there would be a higher cost to start to go through the process of obtaining certification as a organic producer. Certification, can take up to seven years or more.
    However, if this is a parallel operation and not just a switching over, the costs can be offset.
    Like anything  else, with planning all is possible.
    The costs after certification would be cause the asking price of products down gradually as the yields increase and not far more appealing.
    Benefits will be that your input costs of production would be lower.
    Spin offs are that your labour costs are hire, but equipment repair and not replacement are drastically reduced.
    In South Africa we have a pioneer wine maker certified organization  organization, who are also a Fair Trade concern. Their wines are suburb, and majority of their wines are sold overseas.
    The prices should and would be lower and majority of them  would be of a higher quality.

As to answer your question, of course it would be healthier as they would not contain chemicals, unnatural ingredients that would not be healthier.
    A lot of these that could cause a whole range of medical problems, without going into a list that would most probably frighten you.,

Carry on and do grow your own vegetables, check out the best way to start, maintain and keep the produce  healthy, by growing the correct companion plants to keep the produce insect and blight free.
    Time consuming and good theropy, if can involve your kids, even your neighbours to make a Peace an Natural

working