jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

How to get rid of white flies on chilli plants?

1. thumbi7 profile image63
    thumbi7posted 4 years ago

How to get rid of white flies on chilli plants?

My chilli plants are covered with white flies. I tried spraying soapy water. With that the number of flies were less for few days. But now again almost all the leaves are covered with them,

2. Alphadogg16 profile image91
    Alphadogg16posted 4 years ago

Was the soapy water insecticidal? I'm pretty sure there is some that won't hurt your chili plants. Or you may want to try buying some traps. Spiders & ladybugs eat them, that may even be an option.

3. profile image0
    bri36posted 4 years ago

Use dawn dish soap and spray the underneath of the plants. Other wise you need to find some other kind of bugs that will eat them. Spiders and lizards are the usual good guys here try to encourage the spiders and lizards to live near the chili's by adding some compost to the beds around the chili's

Ants are another good bug to have in the chili garden for this reason: they keep other bugs from eating the leaves and leaving eggs on the leaves.

thumbi7posted 4 years agoin reply to this

Yes, Yesterday I have noticed that black ants are everywhere around the plants and they have eaten up quite a lot of bugs. Some leaves are still laden with the flies. Hopefully the ants will clear them all. Thanks for the answer

4. Aravind Chandran profile image32
    Aravind Chandranposted 4 years ago

Add a spoonful of turmeric powder in 1 cup water, mix well. Sprinkle this water on the plant atleast three times per day...repeat this steps if needed...

thumbi7posted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Aravind

working