jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

Do you wear an apron when cooking your holiday dinner?

1. MomsTreasureChest profile image91
    MomsTreasureChestposted 4 years ago

Do you wear an apron when cooking your holiday dinner?

How about when you are cooking dinner on a regular day?

2. cat on a soapbox profile image99
    cat on a soapboxposted 4 years ago

I regularly wear a full apron when prepping food, especially when it's messy like trimming meat, making gravies/ sauces, or working w/ pastry ; however, I prefer to take it off when I have guests.

3. jaydawg808 profile image91
    jaydawg808posted 4 years ago

No. Because I'm not the one that's doing the cooking.

4. Hui (蕙) profile image80
    Hui (蕙)posted 4 years ago

I usually wear apron when cooking, but sometimes may forget.

5. peachpurple profile image82
    peachpurpleposted 4 years ago

no i don't because i don't have one. That is why my shirt has many small  holes. Anyway, i wanted to handmade one apron for myself. Just trying to find the trick to tailor made one

6. DzyMsLizzy profile image98
    DzyMsLizzyposted 4 years ago

I don't wear aprons for holiday or any other cooking.  I'm not one to make extra laundry.  I don't cook in 'good clothes,' to start with, and if I did, well, spills sometimes happen; that's life.
    To me, an apron is just something else that has to be washed, and the last aprons I ever saw had to be ironed as well, and in my book, "iron" is a 4-letter word of the undesirable kind.  If it needs ironing, it stays in the store.
    I didn't even do bibs when my kids were babies first learning to feed themselves.  Babies make enough laundry--bibs are just one more item.  Nope, i would strip them down to their diapers before sitting them in their high chairs.  Skin is much less fuss to wash, and they were going to get their bath anyway, so no worries, and no extra laundry.
    (Do you get the idea I hate laundry??)  ;-)

1. cat on a soapbox profile image99
      cat on a soapboxposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Join the "I hate laundry/housework" club! I dislike ironing even more. I wear an apron so I can forgo washing my clothes as often. It really doesn't get that dirty, works as a hand towel, & gets tossed in the wash no more than once a week at most

working