jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

What are your thoughts on Spam?

1. jaydawg808 profile image91
    jaydawg808posted 4 years ago

What are your thoughts on Spam?

The food, not unwanted email.

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/8650489_f260.jpg

2. FatFreddysCat profile image100
    FatFreddysCatposted 4 years ago

I don't mind it but I don't eat it often...maybe once every year or so. Cut it into cubes, fry 'em up and mix em with some eggs and you've got a pretty badass omelet.

3. profile image0
    cjaroszposted 4 years ago

Yuck, I can not stand anything about this. The smell just makes me sick. The looks makes me want to throw up, and the taste. Well, its just about the same.

4. mcbel profile image75
    mcbelposted 4 years ago

While pledging, myself and one of my pledge brothers were forced to put down a can of this under a minute. We stood in a corner, stuffing our faces with what reminded me of ham, but was just too damn similar to jello. Later I found the stuff under my fingernails and got sick. It is one of the most adhesive meats out there, and is also the only food I've ever had that tasted BETTER coming up.

5. stclairjack profile image83
    stclairjackposted 4 years ago

on the opposite end of the spectrum,... i love the nasty stuff! I’m totally willing to admit that the smell is wild, and the texture is horrific,... but i grew up eating it as a rare treat, It was Saturday at my great grand parents house,.. skillet fried with a slice of fake processed American cheese on whole wheat bread (hillbilly brand if memory serves)

To me it’s not only something I genuinely like to eat, but it is a childhood memory of that house in that place and time,… I’m 7 again,.. They’re both still alive and my world was small and less complicated.

6. Blond Logic profile image98
    Blond Logicposted 4 years ago

Apparently I am in the minority of people. I quite like it. I have a recipe in which I stuff croissants with this. It was always a family favorite.

7. StoneCircle profile image89
    StoneCircleposted 4 years ago

Spam only brings one thought to mind, Monty Python. "Would you like eggs, spam, toast, steak, spam and milk?"
    Otherwise, I have never had it on my plate or in my shopping cart.

8. J Sweet Tooth profile image59
    J Sweet Toothposted 4 years ago

I am chamorro (from Guam), and anyone who knows Guam's history knows that once the US brought Spam with them during WWII times, everyone was hooked. I grew up with this, mostly being fed to me by my grandparents. I will admit that the smell and taste right out of the can are not very appetizing (I never eat it like this), but once it's cooked, it has a whole different appeal. Fry it down and add a fried egg for sandwiches, or you can dice it up and throw it in for awesome fried rice, or I have also sautéed it down with onions, garlic, and green beans for a quick dinner. Even if you just fry it with a little bit of black pepper, it will change your mind. That being said, it is a processed food, so everything in moderation!

working